MJ Abbott Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MJ Abbott Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th June 2018.
What personal data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Payment information
- Contact preferences (email, phone, post etc) where applicable
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to process any contract we undertake with you, and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Use the information obtained to administer and fulfil an order or estimate request
- To both supply and improve our products and services to you.
- To communicate with you, which may be responding via email, phone, postal mail or text from you
- Supplying you with information by email that you may have opted-in too (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time)
- Where permitted, and with your permission, we may also contact you for marketing purposes via email on products, news, offers and services that we feel may be of benefit to you. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. There will always be an option to opt-out of these communications.
What don’t we do, unless we have to or need to
- We will never pass your personal information on to any other organisation for marketing purposes and do not sell or rent personal information to third parties for any purpose
- In some circumstances, disclosures of personal information to the police (and other law enforcement agencies) are permitted by data protection legislation, if they relate to the prevention or detection of crime and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. Before any such disclosure takes place, the police are required to demonstrate that the personal information concerned is necessary for them to carry out a proper investigation. Each police request received by MJ Abbott Ltd is dealt with on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure that any such disclosure is lawful and carried out in accordance with relevant guidance issued by the Information Commissioner's Office.
- You will generally not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may require a written request with a proof of identity and address for any personal information, written or a visual recording from CCTV, and we will respond within the statutory timescale. This should be initially addressed to the Privacy Officer via email at email@example.com or to the Managing Director in the event of any complaint
- We get occasional requests to share non-personal information with companies or authorities. This will only be done after due consideration in relation to the information requested, and within the compliance of the GDPR
Retention and storage of data
- MJ Abbott Ltd will retain personal information in line with its data retention policy. This means that we will not hold information for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
- To ensure that we do not retain inaccurate, out-of-date or irrelevant information, information will be regularly reviewed and we will delete anything that we no longer need.
- Our website operates on a secure server which is updated on a regular basis with any operating system updates or security patches that need applying.
- Our internal data storage servers are protected by suitable measures to prevent external data intrusion, are protected by Sophos anti-virus and malware software and are continuously backed-up
We want you to be confident about making payments online via the MJ Abbott website therefore we have partnered with Sage Pay as our Payment Service Provider. Thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Sage Pay and it is their top priority to ensure that transaction data is kept secure at all times.
All transaction information passed between our site and the Sage Pay VSP Systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing passed to the Sage Pay servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data held by Sage Pay is extremely secure and Sage Pay are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
- We use session cookies to guide you through the shopping process. These cookies are anonymous and expire when to leave the site.
- Analytics cookies are used for anonymous statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
We do not serve or use third-party advertising cookies. You can turn cookies off in your browser but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our website. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.